At Ross Education, we provide high quality allied healthcare training programs that allow graduates to begin rewarding careers in the healthcare industry.
The Office Assistant is responsible for greeting customers, providing support to all departments, ordering supplies for class starts and disseminating information to staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order general office and computer/printer supplies from appropriate vendors.
- Order student book bags, books, supplies, forms, and uniforms for class starts.
- Receive and verify shipping items and distribute them accordingly.
- Send outgoing mail/UPS.
- Receive incoming mail/UPS.
- Copy and assemble various departments’ information packets.
- Track student attendance and log in students call ins.
- Handle transcript request.
- Responsible for making and distributing name badges.
- Greet each customer and inform the appropriate staff member that their appointment has arrived.
- Send out orientation invites to incoming enrolled students.
- Prepare room and materials needed for orientation.
- Answer and direct incoming telephone communications.
- Confirm appointments.
- Files invoices, receipts, admissions, graduates, and class record files in alphabetical order.
- Assist Director with various reporting activities.
- Assist with various student functions.
- Actively participate in student retention.
- Preparing certificates, transcripts, and class records.
Perform related work as required.
We offer our employees:
- A positive environment where you can see how your work makes a difference
- Training and ongoing education
- Benefits including insurance, 401k, paid time off, and tuition assistance
- Opportunities to grow and advance
- Possesses a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Related work experience.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Familiar with basic computer/printer operations.
- Familiar with basic phone procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic office machine knowledge necessary.
- Ability to establish rapport with broad range of clientele.
- Time Management- Manages his/her time wisely and can work independently.
- Dependability and flexible work schedule.
- Professional Communication Skills-written and oral.